Home > Technologies/Products > Reverse Engineering – 3D Laser Scanners > Products > Polyworks Modeler
Enabling true interoperability between digitized polygonal models and CAD/CAM applications
PolyWorks/Modeler™ is a unique reverse-engineering software solution for creating accurate and smooth polygonal models and NURBS surfaces from high-density point clouds. Preferred by automotive design studios worldwide, PolyWorks/Modeler™ is the only reverse engineering software solution that has demonstrated the capability of creating class A polygonal models for stringent polygonal manufacturing applications such as 3-axis & 5-axis milling, aerodynamic simulation, and digital review.
You can get more out of your existing 3D digitizing/3D laser scanning equipment with Polyworks’ renowned adaptive meshing technology, giving you more smoothness and more accuracy compared to any other software. With superior meshes in hand, PolyWorks allows you to easily track the most complex feature lines and quickly outline sets of patches for NURBS surface fitting.
PolyWorks/Modeler™ allows you to:
• build accurate polygonal models of any part from 3D digitizer data for direct 3- or 5-axis milling and rapid prototyping using the resulting STL file
• create an accurate polygonal model of a clay model/sculpture, making it watertight, increasing or decreasing its size, then exporting it for direct machining
• obtain accurate polygonal models of clay models, making them watertight, optimizing the shape of triangles, reconstructing edges and fillets, and then sending the file to CFD/FEA software for simulation/analysis purposes
• create G1-Continuous NURBS surfaces over a polygonal mesh and to export them to a CAD/CAM software for additional enhancements using CAD operations such as trimming, offsetting, filleting, etc.
• To build high-precision color 3D models of archeological and historical artifacts for cultural heritage preservation and to create virtual museums
Polyworks V11 Brochure
- Application and Benefits
Application and Benefits
PolyWorks/Modeler is an indispensable tool for:
- reducing time-to-market to a minimum
- increasing the quality of your products
- optimizing your 3D digitizing process
- combining digitized polygonal models and CAD models
- creating quadrilateral meshes for finite element analysis in a wink
- generating editable CAD surfaces from digitized polygonal models